Subject: What's everyone working on?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 21:14:14 PDT

OK....just to keep multiple people from working on the same program seperatly
(and to keep curiosity from driving me insane):

    WHAT IS EVERYONE WORKING ON IN E?

    Reply to me, and I will compile a list.  If at all possible, it would be
nice to have all replies in to me by Wednesday, 7-26-93, by around 10:00 PM
EDT.  Just to start the list off, here is the first few items that I already
know of:

    Jeffrey J Peden ][ (WiZkId | [email-masked])

      * (E)(D)(S) - E Development System: Complete programming environment for
           the E language.  Gadtools GUI, 2.0+
           * Current state: GUI done; some routines working; needs memory
                            management help; needs editor; needs some RAID
           * Expected release: Early September; coincide w/ E 2.5?
      * GammaMail - Centralized E-Mail management system: Integrated QWK
           reader, point mail processor (Fido), UUCP (?) implementation,
           simple serial i/o functions to execute sricpt in order to retrieve
           QWK packets, Arexx port for calling other programs from main
           interface, built in editor. 
           * Current state: Started as port of GammaTag from ARexx; GammaTag
                            3.0 never made it past GUI implementation;
                            Scrapped/Put on hold for now; needs a solid base.
           * Expected Release: N/A

    George Beasley (BeanMan | [email-masked])
     
      * CreepShow - D&D type adventure/RPG: Features great looking interface,
           animations, modular editors(registered version only). 64 colors.
           AGA version to come.
           * Current state: 2.x  almost ready for  eta release. Anims need to
                            be implemented.  Editors for objects, maps and
                            others near final.  After   release, just bug
                            fixes.
           * Expected release: Early August. 3.0 should be ready about one
                               week after 2.x is released in  eta.

      * (E)(D)(S) - Co-Working on the (E)(D)(S) project. See WiZkId

      * Sound-Off - GUI front-end for UPD.  Allows playing of sounds, ids, and
           speaking through UPD sound-daemon.
           * Current state: 1.7 ready for release. 2.0 will feature viewing of
                            samples through interface. Possible AppIcon
                            feature.
           * Expected release: 1.7 ready for release; 2.0 Mid-Late August

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Wow! That took alot out of me :-) Just try and add your reply in a format
somwhat like that. Also, if you know of someone who is not on the mailing
list, get his/her/its (E is so easy my rabbit could program in it!)
info and add it too. If you send out a reply, and then need to update it, just
send the important update info; no need to rewrite an item.

 / / /
/_/_/iZ

PS: George, I just included your info for something to show. I have no idea
what else you are working on (have only really talked about Creep, EDS, and
SoundOff....) so just add anything else. (What needed the multiple windows?)

MODULE 'WiZkId'
PROC main()
  wizkid.inetaddress:=[email-masked]'
  wizkid.realname:='Jeffrey J Peden ]['
ENDPROC

*-- GammaTag Version 2.8 --*
*-- The Borg are coming! Try to look useless!